About School Security Blog
About the blog
Welcome! School Security Blog is a news and opinion blog for educators, safety professionals, parents, media, and others who are passionate and concerned about K-12 school safety, security, and crisis/emergency preparedness.
Our conversations focus on K-12 school safety trends, strategies, and best practices. We’ll create and share news, put forth cutting-edge insights and opinions, and generate reader feedback on school safety topics ranging from prevention to preparedness.
Interested in following School Security Blog?
- Sign up (see top menu bar on this page) for RSS feeds if you use Google Reader or similar readers.
- If you are not a RSS-type of a person, sign up to receive emails (once a day) of new blog posts. You’ll receive the title and a few lines, and if you’re interested, you can click on a link to read the entire post.
You’ll find general and investigative news, along with no-nonsense and sometimes politically-incorrect opinion at School Security Blog. You’ll get the latest news and opinion from Ken Trump, his network of school safety gurus, and professionals on the front-lines of school safety in K-12 schools across the nation. And it’s all free!
We’re here to sell you only one thing: News and opinion to open your mind, share insights and wisdom, and generate discussion within this online community to make K-12 schools safer for kids and educators.
About the author
Ken Trump is a national consultant, speaker, author, blogger, news producer, and expert on K-12 school safety, school security, school emergency preparedness and crisis planning.
He and his team have 25 years of national and international experience:
- Creating ”peace of mind” for school superintendents, school boards, principals, and their community partners on school safety and crisis preparedness issues
- Helping school administrators get control of school safety and emergency preparedness planning in their schools and school-community
- Making school boards and administrators heroes with their parents, community, and media on school safety and preparedness issues.
Ken is the President of National School Safety and Security Services, a Cleveland-based national firm. He and his colleagues advise school boards, superintendents, principals, and school support staff, as well as public safety officials, elected officials, policymakers, media and others on K-12 school safety and emergency preparedness issues.
They have worked with educators and public safety officials from all 50 states and internationally from Canada to Israel.
Check out Ken’s full biography for more information.
To contact Ken directly about your school safety questions: